Establishing R&D Center
Establishing Research and Development Center for Digital Technologies and Transformation (Centrum Badawczo-Rozwojowe Technologii i Transformacji Cyfrowej)
Brief project description – The project aims at expanding the R&D activities of NVT Sp. z o.o. by establishing Research and Development Center for Digital Technologies and Transformation. As part of the project NVT is committed to developing new products and services in 3 main areas of research:
– Internet of Things (IoT),
– using AI for imaging and visual information analysis,
– processing large and complex data sets (Big Data) acquired in the course of above work.
The project implementation involves investment in fixed assets and intangible assets, commissioning construction works, acquiring construction materials and required technical knowledge, as well as using advisory and other equivalent services. The eligible costs are co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.
The project will result, among other things, in: developing 3 new products, creating 5 new R&D positions, establishing long-term collaboration with two scientific units, increasing NVT’s spending on R&D, establishing collaboration with 3 SMEs in the scope of R&D Center operations.
The project scheduled implementation period is 24 months.
The project aims at expanding the R&D activities of NVT Sp. z o.o. by establishing Research and Development Center for Digital Technologies and Transformation (hereinafter: CBR TiTC). Highly qualified and experience research personnel, with the use of top class research infrastructure will work on innovative solutions in the following areas:
- Internet of Things (IoT),
- using AI for imaging and visual information analysis,
- processing large and complex data sets (Big Data) acquired in the course of above works.
Key project results:
- developing innovative products in 3 key areas and their implementation on the market,
- increasing scientific potential of NVT by creating 5 new positions in R&D Center,
- acquiring knowledge and know-how through establishing long-term collaboration with 2 scientific units (Białystok University of Technology, University of Warsaw) in the field of at least 2 areas of research (as set out in agreement of 12.11.2015 and of 16.11.2015),
- promoting inventiveness among employees and increasing the number of research projects,
- equipping the company with comprehensive research stations, tools, infrastructure, rooms etc.(the detailed COST JUSTIFICATION can be found in point 6 of the Research Agenda),
- considerable increase in spendings on R&D within the company,
- establishing and strengthening collaboration with 3 SMPs
- promoting company’s R&D activities in the business environment.
Transferring project results into business activity:
The above results will strongly influence the company’s business activity, especially in terms of using the infrastructure and personnel to conduct research in the foregoing areas. From business point of view, the most important results are potential product innovations to be designed in R&D Center and later launched onto the market (IRR of about 8%, NVP of 169,000 PLN). Product innovations will expand the current product portfolio and strengthen the Applicant’s market position by creating new streams of income (licensing, SaaS subscriptions, paid access to platform/app).
PLN 2 517 564.00, including a subsidy from EU funds of PLN 1 417 510.00
Project co-financed by Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014-2020; Priority Axis II: Support for the environment and capacity of enterprise for R&D&I activity; 2.1 Actions: Support for investments in R&D infrastructure of enterprises